A friend of my mom’s shared this recipe with us a several years ago. I hadn’t made it in a LONG time. Decided last night to give it a try. It’s really easy to prepare and even appealed to my “picky” eater in the family! And for our family of four, this recipe will allow for enough leftovers to have another night.
Pork Chop Casserole
- 9 boneless pork chops (you can use bone-in, if you’d prefer)
- 1 medium onion, sliced or chopped
- 6 slices American cheese
- 5-6 medium potatoes, sliced thin
- 1 can cream of celery
- shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Place the pork chops in the 9×13 pan.
Layer the onions on top of the pork chops.
Place the sliced cheese on top of the onions.
Next, layer the potatoes.
In a small bowl, pour the cream of celery soup. Using the can as a measuring device, add about 3/4 to a full can of milk to the bowl. Mix well. Then, poor the mixture over the potatoes.
Cover with foil. Bake for 45-55 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese (I used about 1/4 cup) and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes.
Serve with a veggie and enjoy!
- Substitute a can of Progresso Recipe Starters for the cream soup and milk (I used the garlic flavor)
- Substitute bone-in chops or chicken breasts/thighs for the boneless chops